Don’t judge me, I just made my dad kill a spider in my room. Yes, they still terrify me lol.
Anyways, just got home from a joyful weekend in california. Not that it was difficult, but it was my first weekend being sober in awhile. I would say that I have been sober for a week, but I will start counting from thanksgiving haha. Now I will tell you why I am doing this. Let’s just say shit got real, and I have decided to be sober for the next 4 months until my 21st birthday in April. I am doing this by choice, and personally I think its a good idea. So along with the normal blogging, I will also share this journey of sobriety with the tumblr public :)
Its a little odd that my family is not cooking at all for thanksgiving this year lol. We are dining out for a change; I don’t know how I feel about it yet, but thank God the food is gonna be amazing!
I just wanted to take a few minutes to just share some things that I am thankful for:
1. Family. Family always comes first. No matter how big of a screw-up you might be, they will always love and support you and I am so incredibly thankful for that.
2. God. Although I haven’t been the best christian out there, I’m still eternally grateful. I’m thankful that He has given me life and that I get to live a new day everyday. He saved me from my sins, and there’s no better sacrifice than what He did. Thank You.
3. Friends. I believe that true friends should stick around through the good and the bad. They will both celebrate with me, and show up at my doorstep with a tub of ice cream and a kleenex box when my days don’t exactly go right. I am so thankful for all my close friends as they have proven to be trustworthy, and I know they will always be there for me.
4. Health. Although I am not in mint condition, it could always be worse. I’m just thankful that I’m healthy and able to live everyday without complication.
5. Food/Music. I know this seems silly, but I love food haha. I am thankful that I get to experience different varieties of food all the time! As for music, my love for music is a little ridiculous. Some or most days, its my music that keeps me sane. So thank you to all the amazing musicians out there :)
And lastly, no matter what things you are thankful for, always remember to count your blessings!
"You live and you learn." Everyone has heard that saying at least once. When someone makes a mistake, they’re supposed to learn from it so that they know not to repeat the mistake again. Well, its easier said then done. The hardest part is accepting the fact that you messed up. The rest is easy. Then depending on how big the mistake, the harder it is to accept what you did and you have to live with that for as long as you’re alive.
I just wish it was easier.
Hey, I was thinking about you today. Funny out of all days, its today that you crossed my mind. Unlike usual, my mind went directly to the nice times we had rather than the bad. You were such a sweetheart and a gentleman. We had it easy. It was almost perfect. All smiles and nothing could interfere.
It’s a shame that it didn’t work out, but I’m not stressin.